Skip to main content

Rangers of Shadowdeep - Scenario 1: Ableheim

This is the first scenario I created for my Red Brothers campaign, and I had a blast creating and playing it. Since playing it I have made a few tweaks, and I'm sure you will have some creative tweaks as well! I love playing with randomized mechanics, especially when I am trying to create a narratively driven game.


Setup: Ableheim is a town that houses corruption and cult activity, the warband has been sent to investigate and destroy any corruption they find. A mob gathers to watch the warband, getting increasingly agitated.


Victory: 

- Find and destroy the corruption;
- Exit the table through the starting path

Mechanics:

Houses

  • When a character investigates a house, roll a D6; If a 6 is rolled, that house contains the corruption.
  • If no 6 is rolled, the corruption is in the last house.
  • If a D6 roll fails, add +1 to the mob counter.
  • When the corruption is found place 1 cultist, 1 cultist archer, and 1 demon in the house (or near it).

Mob

  • The mob consists of 3 villagers/militia models.
  • Each turn add +1 to the mob counter, then;
  • Roll a D10, if you roll lower than the counter total, the mob attacks.
  • When the mob spawns, move in a second mob from the 'start' point (3 more models).

Treasure

  • If the warband destroys all corruption and mobs, keep all treasure on the table. 

 Runes

  • Skill check to read demonic runes found graffiti'd on houses DC 15 (Read Runes/Ancient Lore).
  • Success gives all party members +2 fight against demons (does not stack).

 Legend

H - House

T - Treasure

R - Runes

Note: Houses can be placed wherever you want them, but I would suggest placing them on the far side of the map, to create a more fun and challenging table.

Stats


 


 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miniature Makers: A (not at all) Definitive List

For nearly 20 years, I have been captivated by the miniature hobby. For most of that time, the only company I was truly aware of, was Games Workshop. The giant in the room, GW certainly has an impressive range of sculpts and a strong design vision. In the last few years, I have become aware of a wide range of other companies, brands, and sculptors, who have their own unique visions about what miniatures are. This will be a living list of the miniature manufacturers that have been recommended to me, or that I have purchased from. It is a very diverse list. Some manufacturers focus on their own proprietary games, and some just sell bits. I have not ordered from all of these companies, so your mileage may vary!!! If there is a company that you love, and it is not listed here, drop me a line and I will add it to the list. Pictured above - https://www.blacksunminiatures.co.uk/product/guardian/   * - Companies with a star were suggested by hobbyists on Reddit and throughout the community. Th

Stargrave Loot Tokens

 I thought I would show off my Stargrave loot tokens. They are pretty simple, but I'm really happy with them. I followed the same method I used for my Frostgrave tokens, but I put a bit more effort into the data loot. Both sets were made from spare/old 40k bits. These data loot were made with bits of foam-core, foam insulation, a toothpick and some old eldar bits. The screen are just craft foam that I painted green, and then mixed that green with white to do the screen details. These terminals look good on the field! The physical loot tokens are super-duper simple. I probably could have put some more effort in here, but I wanted to get playing! These are just 3 pieces of 40k bits stuck to a base. Nothing fancy! I glued on some plastic plants that looked a little bit sci-fi to me.